As a deposit we ask you to leave a valid ID, passport or driver’s license. This goes in a closed envelope and you sign on the back so that you can see that we have not opened it. The envelope then goes into our safe.
bring a copy of your ID, passport or driver’s license and a cash deposit of 100 euros per bicycle. This also goes in the closed envelope.
: We do not have a cancellation policy. See Article 6, including in case of illness. This is regarding our booking policy.
When paying both in cash and electronically, you automatically agree to our terms and conditions and acknowledge having read them.
In case of breakdown on the road, the customer is responsible for getting the bike repaired if necessary. The customer pays for the repair himself. We do not reimburse anything.
No responsibility for us. In case of multiple-day bike hire, the customer can take out insurance with Fiets Ned or your own travel insurance.
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
- Bicycle: the bicycle or other item,which is (also) the subject of the rental agreement.
- Renter: the natural or legal person who enters into the lease as tenant.
- Hirer: Rent a Bike Haarlem who enters into the rental agreement as lessor;
- Consumer: the tenant who is a natural person and has not concluded the rental agreement in the exercise of a profession or business.
The property damage suffered by the landlord as a result of:
- damage (including a condition of the bicycle or parts thereof that does not fit normal wear and tear)or loss
of the bicycle or its accessories (including keys) or parts thereof. Such damage includes the cost of replacing
(parts of) the bicycle and the loss of rental income.
- damage caused with or by the bicycle to person or property, for which the lessor or the liability insurer of
the bicycle is liable to third parties.
the actual driver of the bicycle.
: In writing or electronically.
Damage, loss and theft:
The renter is liable for damage to or loss of the bicycle(s) or parts thereof, as well as for bicycle keys and chain(s)/locks, for amounts to be determined by the rental company according to normal standards, unless they are mentioned in the rental contract under the current market value. The bicycle(s) is (are) not insured against liability or casco damage, nor against theft.
Costs during rental period:
All charges and taxes related to the bicycle(s) shall be borne by the renter. Likewise, all costs related to its use, such as storage, maintenance and repairs, shall be for his account. Premature return of the bicycle(s) shall terminate the rental agreement without entitlement to a reduction of the rental sum stated in the contract or the rental sum increased due to extension. This also applies in the event of illness, etc.
Article 1: Applicability.
These General Terms and Conditions apply to all rental and hire contracts for bicycles, including any accessories, concluded between the lessor and lessee.
Article 2: The offer.
1. The landlord shall make an offer/quotation in writing or orally at the option of the tenant.
2. Hel offer contains a complete and accurate description of the rental period,the rental sum and the possible additional cost elements.
3. The offer states telephone number where the company can be reached.
4. The offer shall state the method of payment.
5. If reasonably possible, the offer shall be accompanied by a copy of these Terms and Conditions.
If this is not possible, the general terms and conditions will still be provided at the conclusion of the agreement.
Article 3: The agreement
1. The agreement is concluded by acceptance of the offer.
2. The rental agreement shall be entered into for the period and rate as stated on the rental agreement
or otherwise agreed. The rental agreement shall also state the time of commencement and termination of the rental period.
Article 4: The price and price changes.
1. The rental sum and any additional cost elements are agreed in advance as well as any authority for interim price changes.
The landlord shall ensure that the rental sum is properly stated on the rental agreement.
2. If a price change occurs within three months of the conclusion of the agreement, it shall not affect the agreed price.
3. The second paragraph shall not apply to price changes arising from the law such as those relating to VAT.
Article 5: The rental period and exceeding the rental period
1. The Renter shall be obliged to return the bicycle to the company and address mentioned in the rental agreement or to the further agreed address no later than the day and time the rental period ends. Landlord is obliged to receive the bicycle, during opening hours.
2. The bicycle may only be returned outside opening hours and/or made available at another location with the consent of the lessor.
3. Agreements to return the bicycle earlier within the agreed rental period are non-binding. There is no refund.
4. If the bicycle is not returned at the end of the possibly extended rental agreement in the agreed manner, the landlord is entitled to take back the bicycle
immediately. The lessee’s obligations under this agreement shall remain in force until the bicycle is in the possession of the lessor again.
5. If the lessee has not returned the bicycle on time, the lessor shall be entitled to charge the lessee a 20% daily rental fee for each hour by which the rental period is exceeded. After exceeding the rental period by 5 hours, up to 11 /2 times the daily rental price may be charged per day, without prejudice to the lessee’s obligation to compensate the lessor for damages incurred and to be incurred. If it is in fact permanently impossible to return the bicycle, no increased rental price will be charged. The increase in the rental price shall not apply if the renter proves that the exceeding of the rental period is the result of force majeure.
Article 6: Cancellation
Once your reservation has been confirmed by us and paid for by you, it is guaranteed and irrevocable. There can be no refund of the rental amount thereafter. We do not have a refund policy. Not even in case of illness. For the rental period, the cancellation fee is 100% of the rental price. Premature return of the bike(s) terminates the rental agreement without entitlement to a reduction of the rental sum stated in the contract or the rental sum increased due to extension. What we do offer is to postpone the rental date. This is possible for a €7.50 administration fee.
Article 7: Payment
1.At the start of the rental period, a deposit may be required in addition to the deposit.
2. The deposit shall be returned after settlement of any outstanding costs as soon as the bicycle is returned, unless there is damage on the part of the rental company. In the event of damage by the lessor, the deposit shall be returned insofar as it exceeds the amount for which the lessee is liable. This return shall take place as soon as it is clear that there has been such an excess. If there is only damage to the bicycle, the return will take place in any case.
3. In case the rental company’s damage is caused by third parties, the rental company remains fully liable for the damage Tenant himself will have to recover from third parties. Tenant himself remains responsible at all times. We have no mediation in this.
4. Unless otherwise agreed. payment of the rental amount must be made immediately before the rental period.
5. The consumer should pay the amount due before the expiry of the payment date. If he fails to do so, the proprietor shall send a free payment reminder after that date has passed and shall give the consumer the opportunity to pay the outstanding amount within fourteen days of receiving this payment reminder. If, after the payment reminder has expired, payment is still not made. Is the entrepreneur entitled to charge interest from the moment of default. This interest is equal to the statutory interest. Judicial and extrajudicial costs incurred by a party to enforce payment of a debt may be charged to the other party. The amount of these costs is subject to (legal) limits.
Article 8: Tenant’s obligations.
1. Without prejudice to the following, the hirer shall treat the bicycle as befits a good hirer and ensure that the bicycle is used in accordance with its purpose.
2. Hirer must be able to identify himself with a valid ID Card or passport. You leave this as a deposit in a signed envelope, goes into our safe. Or you pay a 150 euro deposit per bike and a copy of your valid ID card (bring your own). For E-bikes, it is compulsory to leave your valid ID (no driving licence).
3. The lessee is obliged to return the bicycle to the lessor in its original state. This means, among other things, that the lessee is obliged to undo any changes and additions to the bicycle made by him or on his behalf, to such an extent that he can return the bicycle to the lessor in its original state. The Renter may not claim any compensation for this. The Lessor shall check the bicycle before returning personal data.
4. The hirer is obliged to carefully secure the load of the bicycle.
5. Only persons designated as drivers in the rental agreement may ride the bicycle. The hirer is not allowed to make the bike available to a person who is not mentioned as driver in the hire contract. The lessee shall ensure that none of the persons named as drivers in the rental agreement shall ride the bicycle if they are unauthorised or obviously mentally or physically unfit to do so.
6. The lessee is not allowed to rent out the bicycle.
7. The lessee is not allowed to take the bicycle outside the borders of the Netherlands, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the lessor.
8. In the event of damage or defects to the flets known or noticeable to the lessee, the lessee is not allowed to use the bicycle if this could lead to aggravation of the damage or defects, or reduce road safety.
9. Hirer is obliged to impose the obligations and prohibitions of this article on driver, passengers and other users of the bike and to ensure their compliance.
10. Among other things, the Hirer shall treat the keys belonging to the bicycle with care. If the key is lost or broken, costs will be charged.
11. Hirer declares that he has received the rented bike in good condition.
12. In case of unforeseen problems/malfunctions ALWAYS contact the lessor first. The lessor is not liable for costs and/or repairs incurred (by the lessee himself).
Article 9: Instructions for the hirer
Article 10: Landlord’s obligations
- 1. Huurder is gehouden de fiets schoon te retourneren. Bij niet-nakoming van deze
- obligation, cleaning costs may be charged, with a minimum of €10.
- 2. In the event of defects known or observable by the lessee, damage caused to or with the bicycle or loss of the bicycle, the lessee is obliged to report this as soon as possible
- 3. follow the instructions of the lessor
- provide the lessor or its insurer, upon request and without being asked, with all information and documents relating to the event
- 4. not to leave the bicycle without having properly protected it from the risk of damage or loss
- 5. provide the lessor and persons appointed by the lessor with all requested cooperation to obtain compensation from third parties or in defence against third-party claims.
- 6. In the event of accidents, damage or loss, the lessee is additionally obliged to
- 7. In case of theft, the renter is liable for the new value of the bicycle, not including loss of rent. In the event of theft, the lessee must always report it to the police. Proof of this must be given to the lessor. We would then like to receive both keys back from you. If not, we are obliged to report theft to the police.
- 8. submit a fully completed and signed damage declaration form to the landlord as soon as possible
- 9. refrain from acknowledging guilt in any form
- 10. In case of theft, you should pay the amount value bike to us immediately. For the normal and 3 and 7-gear bike and tandem: from 495 euro- 795 euro. For E bike, mountain bike and cargo bike : 1500 euro. Urban Arrow cargo bike: 4000 euro.
- 11. No dogs may be transported in the Urban Arrow
- 12. With the Urban Arrow it is not permitted to transport/carry heavy materials
- 13. The Hirer is obliged to impose the obligations and prohibitions of this article on driver and other users of the bicycle and to ensure compliance with them
- 14. Tenant shall inform landlord as soon as possible about
- 15. The occurrence of an event causing or reasonably likely to cause damage to, with or by the bicycle; breakdown of the bicycle
- 16. loss of or otherwise losing control of the bicycle, its parts and accessories
- 17. seizure of the bicycle; and about other circumstances about which the lessor should reasonably be informed
- 18. If the lessor is required to provide information to authorities regarding the identity of the person who was riding or using the bicycle at any time, the lessee shall answer questions posed by the lessor in connection therewith as soon as possible.
1. The lessor shall deliver the bicycle with the legal and agreed modalities and accessories clean,well maintained and, as far as it is or should be known to the lessor, in technically good condition.
2. The landlord shall, together with the tenant prior to the rental, draw up a report indicating any damage already present on the bicycle.
3. Landlord hands over the required documents to Tenant prior to the rental period.
4. Lessor shall inspect the bicycle immediately upon return by the lessee for any damage. The time in the reservation system will then be adjusted for you.
5. if payment is on invoice: The invoice must be paid at least two days in advance. There can be no refund of the rental amount. Also not in case of illness.
Article 11: Liability of the hirer for damage
1. In the event of damage by the lessor, the hirer shall be liable for each case of damage.
2. However, if the damage is caused as a result of an act or omission in contravention of article 8, the renter shall be fully liable for the rental company’s damage, unless he proves that this act or omission is not attributable to him or full compensation would be unacceptable according to the standards of reasonableness and fairness.
3. If the bicycle is returned with the Landlord’s permission outside the Landlord’s business hours and/or is made available for collection by the Landlord at a further agreed location other than the Landlord’s business premises, the Tenant shall, in accordance with the first or second remain liable for the Landlord’s damage incurred up to the time at which the Landlord has actually inspected the bicycle or has had it inspected. In the situations mentioned here, the Landlord shall inspect the bicycle at the first opportunity and shall inform the Tenant immediately if any damage is found.
4. In the event of damage to the bicycle abroad, the costs of repatriating the bicycle shall be borne by the lessee,unless the second paragraph of this article applies.
5. The lessee is liable for behaviour and omissions of the driver and other users of the bicycle, even if they had the consent of the lessee.
Article 12: Bicycle defects liability of the lessor
1. In the event of damage to the renter caused by a defect in the bicycle, the rental agency shall be liable for the compensation of this damage, except insofar as the injured party is entitled to compensation under an insurance policy or for other reasons. At the request of the hirer, the lessor shall be obliged to repair defects, unless this is impossible or requires expenditure that cannot reasonably be demanded of the lessor under the given circumstances. This obligation shall not apply if the lessee is liable to the lessor for the occurrence of the defect and/or for the consequence of the defect.
3. Therefore, the lessee shall be liable for damage to the rented bicycle and shall reimburse both the repair costs and the necessary replacement of the damaged parts. This includes flat tyre repair or replacement. Even if you have had this repair done at other bike shops, this will be at your own expense.
Article 13: Dissolution of the lease
1. The landlord shall be entitled to terminate the rental agreement without notice of default or judicial intervention and regain possession of the bicycle without prejudice to its right to compensation for costs, damages and interest if:
Article 14: Complaints and Mediation Scheme
- during the rental period, the tenant fails to fulfil one or more of its obligations on time or in full unless the failure does not justify dissolution
- tenant dies
- The lessee will provide all cooperation to the lessor to regain possession of the bike.
- If the tenant dies before the rental period starts, the rental agreement is dissolved without notice of default or judicial intervention.
- The landlord is not liable for damages resulting from the dissolution of the lease.
Complaints on the performance of the agreement must be submitted to the lessor fully and clearly described in good time after the lessee discovers the alleged shortcomings. Failure to file the complaint in time may result in the lessee losing his rights in the matter.
Article 15: Processing of personal data of the hirer and of the driver
The personal data mentioned on the contract are processed by the lessor as the responsible party within the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Act in a register of personal data. On the basis of this processing, the lessor can perform the contract, provide the lessee or driver with optimal service and current product information and make personalised offers to the lessee or driver.
Article16: Applicable law
The rental agreement shall be governed by Dutch law unless the law of another country applies by mandatory law.
Article 17: Insurance
Our insurance covers theft only.
Not for damages
You can read the terms and conditions HERE
. We must charge you €10 for each administrative action.
Article 18: URBAN ARROW:
PLEASE NOTE: strictly prohibited to:
Article 19: Formula 1 race days:
For information: BORG
- Strictly forbidden to transport dogs in it.
- Strictly forbidden to make moves with it.
- Strictly forbidden to carry adults in the bin.
Provide 2 ID s.
Option 1: for retractable bike, 3 and 8-speed bike, tandem
1 ID for entering the Formula 1 circuit
1 ID for renting the bike(s). 1 ID is sufficient (so does not have to be for every bike)
This remains with us as a deposit, in a sealed, signed envelope in the safe.
A copy of your ID (bring your own) and 100 euros cash, per bike.
This will be refunded directly when you return the bike(s).
PIN payments can NOT be made.
This also goes in a sealed, signed envelope in the safe.
E BIKE S BORG
For E bikes, leave us 1 ID ( no driving licence)
and you can e.g. take your driving licence to the track. Renting on a copy is no longer possible at Ebikes.
Your ID goes into the safe in a sealed envelope signed by you.
Without this, renting is no longer possible. See also our text at formula 1 and the conditions on our website, which you have accepted.
You are responsible for the batteries and chargers.
Why? In 2021, we rented out on only one copy and the bikes did not all come back. Big loss. Hence stricter measures.
Fast turnaround on the day of hire:
Please keep reservation number and ID handy. Thank you.
We are open from 9am to 8pm during race days